23 September 2021
Low code platforms allow for quick creation and use of working applications. Low code platforms address specific process and data needs for modern organizations, tailoring them to the organization’s unique needs.
“The real power of the platform is that it gives professionals and citizen developers the chance to truly work together to solve a problem.”
In simpler terms, low-code or no-code automation platforms are software programs that require little to no coding knowledge. Unlike the back-end computer programming of the past, low-code/no-code automation is a quicker approach to achieve the goals of the organization.
The future and trends of low code platforms
In the past few months at Integrove, we invested our time in learning and understanding more about low code platforms. Additionally, we were able to achieve this by pushing the platform to its limits. Our approach was mainly in Power Platform which includes PowerApps, Power Automate, Power BI and Virtual Agents.
In the past few weeks, we were also able to launch our new and very exciting internal app. We also included our own custom-built components to make sure we experience the full capabilities of the Power Platform.
Why Are Low-Code Platforms Are So Critical For The Future Organizations?
The concept of low-code automation is rapidly gaining traction across most industries.
The Most Disruptive Trends For 2021:
- Advanced artificial intelligence.
- Data-driven decision support.
- Decreased dependency on IT.
- Greater agility
- Higher ROI.
Benefits of Low-Code
- Integration of the platform with Dynamics 365, and enhanced enterprise-grade capabilities such as server-side logic, business processes, advanced security, and professional developer support.
- Customer experience with customers indicating satisfaction with the overall experience, service and support, and overall product capabilities.
- Product strategy that integrates innovative features like AI and Azure services. Similarly, the platform added a low-code AI Builder for including machine learning and vision AI capabilities in applications and workflows.
- Simple tooling with canvas apps that employ a drag-and-drop approach that is well-suited for citizen developers and business developers. Many customers report among the fastest production deployment times for apps, with many as fast as one month.
- Easy to understand traditional codes are difficult to understand which means that debugging will take chunks of time. Low-code and no-code are easier to understand and thus, it is easier to identify mistakes in the app and fix them.
- Increased agility and short release cycles
The increased speed of developing software allows shorter release cycles and staying ahead of the competition. Additionally, with shorter release cycles, the software can be easily adapted to changing requirements.
Drawbacks of Low-Code
With traditional codes, developers can customize the software to any degree they want, whereas low-code and no-code rely on the built-in functionality of the platforms and the plugins. If a certain functionality is not provided for, then the development team might have a hard time fulfilling related requirements.
Security and risk
When it comes to security, low-code and no-code projects rely heavily on their platform providers to address any security flaws that might be discovered due to the lack of control over the source code.
What is the future of low code platforms for us, as organizations?
The area of low-code is experiencing a lot of growth thanks to the many pros outlined above that overweigh the cons. However, the decision to use a low code depends on each business’s objectives and needs.
From low code apps to automation, to analytics, chatbots, built-in AI, to process mining and RPA, Microsoft Power Platform provides customers with the most complete set of low code tools in a connected platform that ensures all customers, and all their employees, regardless of whether they have technical skills or are software engineers, have the tools they need to solve problems at scale across their organizations.
Power Platforms at Integrove
Here at Integrove, we provide bespoke digital solutions and integrations through our in-house security architects. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.