We’re looking for a lead designer! At Integrove we THINK BIG. We value innovation and allow our business and teams to grow through a journey of rethinking the art of the possible. Collaboration and knowledge sharing is encouraged, and we are continually developing our business and our people. Through positive attitudes, accountability, acting with honesty, integrity and respect, our fellow Integroovies, are a pretty “groovy” team to work with.
Integrove is looking for a Lead for our UI/UX (Product Design) Team to join our dynamic, fun, Integrove Family.
A day in the life of a lead designer
The lead design role is a leadership role, involving the supervision of the strategy, planning and execution of our Product Design team. This includes creation and realisation of high quality and innovative digitally led experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices.
- Exceptional conceptualisation and visual communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of Design Thinking methodologies;
- A user-centric approach to problem solving;
- A comprehensive understanding of usability principles, in theory and in practice;
- Experience with in-person and remote user workshops and product testing;
- Application of service design techniques in the tech space;
- Provide direction, leadership, and guidance to the design team;
- Advise on best practices and design standards across all projects;
- Consult on UI & UX design of all projects;
- Advocate for the benefit of design across new projects and initiatives;
- Assist sales team in educating and demonstrating our design abilities to potential clients;
- Able to review the quality, brief-alignment and executability of your team’s work;
- A commitment to detail, quality and innovation;
- Knowledge of internal and public-facing branding and marketing;
- Ability to workshop and strategize project roadmaps;
- Curiosity and ever-expanding industry knowledge;
- Confident, helpful communication across departments and senior stakeholders, and clients;
- Contribute to internal knowledge sharing, training and mentoring; and
- Commitment to the growth and wellbeing of the design team and all its members.
- Completed qualification in UX;
- Completed qualification in visual design;
- 8+ years’ experience working on digital products;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a design team;
- Theoretic and practical use of Design Thinking methods; and
- An online portfolio showcasing data-driven interfaces with supporting case studies.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills;
- Mentoring and leadership skills;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Project management skills;
- Compassion and empathy;
- Experience working with Design Systems;
- Workshop facilitation and presentation skills;
- Experience in either Sketch / Figma / XD;
- A preference for clean, technical, corporate design over agency/advertising work; and
Applications without supplementary portfolio access will not be considered.
“If you have not been contacted by HR @ Integrove two weeks after application, please consider your application as not successful. Appointments will be made in alignment with Integrove’s Employment Equity plan. All the information submitted through the application process shall be used for the purpose of processing your application for employment at Integrove.”