Integrove is looking for a Digital Mining Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team of techies in Melrose, Johannesburg. If you’re an engineering dynamo with a passion for making tech safe for humans, this gig may be for you. You’ll be working closely with developers to enhance existing systems and map out the way for future expansions.
What we’re looking for
If you have a background in Mining/ Engineering and are interested in transitioning into the Digital space, this role is for you. We are looking for engineers with a background in process control and optimisation in the mining and metals industry.
- Focusing on enabling the digital transformation of companies through the development and implementation of bespoke digital solutions relating to Mining and Engineering practices.
- Formulating technical questions and implementing effective solutions to problems.
- Integrating activities between control systems and digital solutions.
- Integrating OT/IT infrastructure to existing control systems in process plants including testing, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Gathering client requirements, and specifications and performing site inspections prior to commissioning.
- Provided support and maintenance by responding to technical queries.
- Preparing preliminary technical proposals outlining the work to be completed.
- Able to review the quality, brief alignment, and executability of your team’s work.
- A commitment to detail, quality, and innovation.
- Completed qualification in Engineering/ Mining is required.
- IT/ Digital related qualification is preferable.
- 1- 4 years experience at Site / Mining Operations.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years experience or involvement in digitization initiatives.
- Background or knowledge of process control and optimisation in the mining and metals industry.
- Asset sustainability and Reliability Background is required.
- Must have knowledge/understanding of P&IDs/PFDs/SCADA/Historians (any background or knowledge of this), (Process and Instrumentation Diagrams)/(Process flow diagrams).
- Monitoring knowledge of vibrations sensor/tags/condition advantageous.
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Project Management.
- Analytical thinking; written and verbal communication.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Report Writing.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Good understanding of SDLC.