Integrove is looking for a Data Modeller to join our dynamic, fun, Integrove Family.
At Integrove we THINK BIG. We value innovation and allow our business and teams to grow through a journey of rethinking the art of the possible. Collaboration and knowledge sharing is encouraged, and we are always continually developing our business and our people. Through positive attitudes, accountability, acting with honesty, integrity and respect, our fellow Integroovies, are a pretty “groovy” team to work with.
Check out what a data modeller does at Integrove:
A day in the life of a Data Modeller
Translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models optimized across different data domains and for various purposes. These solutions support information management, business intelligence, machine learning and data science.
- Implement client requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning);
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models;
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization;
- Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues, relationships, patterns and rules in the data;
- Work closely with business analysts, data architects, data administrators, database developers, and data scientists to design bespoke databases using a mixture of conceptual, physical, and logical data models;
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency;
- Troubleshooting and optimizing data systems;
- Assist with the design and implementation of clients data models based on business requirements;
- Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders; and
- Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards.
- Tertiary Degree / Diploma (BSc Computer Science, B.IT or Informatics related degrees);
- Microsoft Azure certified (would be an advantage);
- 3 + years of hands-on experience with physical and relational data modelling within relevant consulting or industry experience;
- Experience with PowerBI functions;
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-center contexts; and
- Experience in development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
Skills that would make you succesful as a data modeller
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing; Kimball;
- Deep knowledge in big data platform design;
- Data Management processes;
- Excellent communication skills (explain technical concepts in MS Visio, MS PPT;
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and data modelling tools;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
“If you have not been contacted by HR @ Integrove two weeks after application, please consider your application as not successful. Appointments will be made in alignment with Integrove’s Employment Equity plan. All the information submitted through the application process shall be used for the purpose of processing your application for employment at Integrove.”